From: "Leo W. Little" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] difference in mutation rates
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:30:48 -0700 (PDT)

See http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~geneticgenealogy/MR.htm for estimates I made last year based on gene diversity comparisons for a reasonably large set of non-duplicate R1b haplotypes with a star-shaped phylogenetic tree.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~geneticgenealogy/y67_29jul2007.csv has a more recent set of 67-marker haplotypes (FTDNA order) from ysearch. it might be worth repeating the exercise with this larger dataset.

I haven't bookmarked anything more recent. I don't recall a message giving individual rates -- can you give a link to one?

Ann Turner

This thread: