From: "Elizabeth O'Donoghue" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Upstream I1b* clade strange doubling
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 19:39:44 +0100

Ken, 459 and 464 are the two multi-copy markers where Irish Type III has its
distinguishing alleles.- 8/9 and 13/13/15/17. Where is 413a/b located? I
believe I read that it and 557 can RecLOH, though how 557 as a single marker
would be involved in RecLOH I'm not sure. In R1b, the modal of 413a/b is
23/23. Elizabeth
I have the upstream I1b* clade (not I1a, not I1b1 (old I1b), not I1b2 (old
I1c and I1-x)) already dividing into three sub-populations.

One sub-population has a strange doubling. Of the 9 different surnames in
it with 37 or more markers, all have double CDYa,b values, 35-35 or 36-36 or
37-37.
These 9 haplotypes, except for one, all have double 459a,b values, 9-9 or
10-10 with a single 9-10
But 464a,b,c,d does not look unduly doubled up. So perhaps a special kind
of extensive deletion which hit just CDY and 459 may have occured.

A question for those who have mastered the geography of the pertinent
palindrome: are there other advanced multi-copy markers worth measuring
which stand a good chance to show doubling as well?

Ken

This thread: