From: "Elizabeth O'Donoghue" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Irish Chieftains - R1b1c7 Founders of New England
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:53:11 +0100

Ken, I don't entirely disagree with you. In this day and age, there is
really no place for them, however legitimate they may be - they're fossils
of a past that was sometimes great and glorious. But they do bear the
heritage of that once great time. Unfortunately, for most of them, that
past includes conforming and/or fleeing their country, and the majority are
now Protestants - turncoats to the Irishmen on the street, who have little
respect for them now. Pardon me for tooting my own horn, but the
O'Donoghues were the rabble-rousers who not only refused to conform, but
fought on the losing side, hence in the case of the Mor line, losing
everything - life and titles and lands. But they were great rebels - a unit
of Cromwell's forces was sent into the Glen of the Flesk to route out those
rebels, and they never came out.

Elizabeth