From: Alan R <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Abstract: Ancient DNA as a Means to Investigate theEuropean Neolithic
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 10:29:08 +0100 (BST)

Very interesting. It kind of backs up my own feeling
that lactose persistence must have been widespread in
low frequencies prior to farming and that the arrival
of farming with dairying present from the beginning
(that is the latest finding) gave a major selective
advantage to those hunters-gatherers with the lactose
persistence and thus their descendants proliferated.
This would have been a localised process repeated in
every locality through Europe and beyond and does not
in itself demand any external demic input (as is
sometimes erroneously portrayed).

Alan

http://publications.uu.se/theses/abstract.xsql?dbid=8162