From: "Dora Smith" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Family Slaves
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 07:14:35 -0500

She could quote from a private e-mail as long as she cites the source, just
like one can quote from anything else. If private e-mails are copyright,
then quoting from them is fair use. Privacy is not particularly protected
by copyright law, and there's no other law pertaining to privacy of e-mails.

However, I really think that issues of what Marianne cites from a personal
e-mail from Mr. Gabennesch are between her and Mr. Gabennesch.

I don't understand why you'd be worried about how Marianne got information
from Mr. Gabennesch. Do you not want her to have information from Mr.
Gabennesch, or not want us to have this particular information from Mr.
Gabennesch?

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, TX