From: "Tim Janzen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Younger Dryas and R1b1c
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 15:29:15 -0700

Dear Marianne,
There has been a lot of discussion on this list in the past about
Oppenheimer's book. The discussion begins in October 2006. I suggest that
you go back to the archives at
http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index/GENEALOGY-DNA/ and read all of the
previous comments about this book beginning in October 2006. I personally
think that there are a lot of good things about his book. However, many of
us on this list believe that he tried to draw too many conclusions from the
limited Y STR data that he had. I think he would have been better off if he
had done Y SNP testing on his samples and tested many more Y STR markers,
rather than relying on a limited number of Y STR markers.
Sincerely,
Tim