From: "Dora Smith" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA Full Sequence Match
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 22:19:06 -0500

Depends on the match. Do they both have 3010A *?

But then, that isn't an unusual haplogroup.

But the thing is, mtdna haplotypes are so old that even unusual haplotypes
usual beat entire trails across Europe. So you can't infer recent common
maternal line ancestry.

But I'd sure have some questions.

To me it would justify the cost, but that's me. Don't know how many
people would have their complete sequence done twice to find out if they're
really 3010A*.

But if the woman down the street happens to randomely match me, I won't
think we're likely to be related.

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, TX