From: "Dennis Wright" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] What the standard for Access after you tested
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 09:30:25 +1000

Bill wrote:-

I don't think "closed" is the proper term. An administrator of a surname
project at FTDNA has the option of using FTDNA's Family Project Website link
to help create a simple project website. If he/she decides to go that
direction, the address will be >http://www.familytreedna.com/public/surname.
If not, then the address for that surname will not work. I suspect, in most
cases, the administrators that didn't use FTDNA's solution created their own
website, and has nothing to do with being "closed". Our DavenportDNA
project started before FTDNA offered the website service, and we have our
own site. It has always been "open" but doesn't show up if you use the
>http://www.familytreedna.com/public/... address.

Bill Davenport

>http://www.DavenportDNA.com

*
The "surname" suffix only works if the administrator uses JUST the Surname.
If they call it some extended name it doesn't work unless you use the full
title. eg

www.familytreedna.com/public/Crow does not work but
www.familytreedna.com/public/The%20Crow(e)%20DNA%20Study%20Project/ does.

Likewise www.familytreedna.com/public/HART does not work but