Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA Full Sequence Match
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 02:14:41 +0000

Dora,

While I have yet to have my mtDNA's haplotype confirmed, but with my 6 mutations I appear to
be H1b. My most distant ancestor that I can confirm was born in Kent, but her mother's maiden
name was Wheller. This surname is found mainly in the southwestern part of England.
(The general location of Gough's Cave)
Perhaps my H1b may have come from this area.

My other opinion on my haplotype is that it may have come from someone from Scandanavia,
that is one of the Viking maidens. I may find out someday, or may be not.

I wish the FGS was cheaper or I would have it done.
I agree in most cases one can not tell what haplogroup one belongs to by HVR1 only, but
from what I've have seen and read only some members of H1b have my 6 mutations:
129A, 189C, 355T, 356C, 362C, 519C.

Other members of H1b do not have all 6 mutations, perhaps this subclade may need to be divided
into smaller groups some day. Or it may be possible I belong to a group other than H1b.

Scott Johnston
Mitoserah: dsvsm

From: "Dora Smith" <>