From: "Ron Schaming" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] 60 Minutes Genetic Genealogy Segment
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 12:21:03 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roberta J. Estes" <>
To: <>
Cc: <>
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 4:16 PM
Subject: [DNA] 60 Minutes Genetic Genealogy Segment

> The thing I think I found the most disturbing about the entire segment was
> that the fact that Family Tree DNA showed several matches was portrayed
> like
> they were incompetent or worse, fraudulent.

Roberta, the segment was presented this way because Journalists really
believe EVERYONE but themselves are crooks or incompetent. Further, that
show would only present something if they feel they caught someone with
their hand in the cookie jar or was just plain stupid. Unfortunately, they
don't own a mirror.

This thread: