From: charles <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Ineligible Individuals Placed in my Shetland ProjectWithout My Permission
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 18:41:53 -0500

David,

You must have left the front door or skylight open for your project. If you
close the skylight, i.e., disable the parachute in by anyone feature, using the
option in your FTDNA group admin page, they will not be able to join your
project without your permission. That is what I do with almost all my projects.
Especially my very restrictive Pennsylvania Deutsch Project for which all
members must be genealogically pre-screened by me.

Charles Kerchner
Emmaus PA
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/pa-deutsch

David Faux wrote:

> I just checked my Shetland Islands Project list of members and about 20 have been parachuted in there without any consultation with me - and all as far as I can see are ineligible. This is very annoying since I must go through a process that involves informing people why I am removing them. I resent having to do this as my criteria are very clear. All must be screened by me to ensure they have Shetland ancestors in the male line. Ireland is not close enough. Has this been happening with others?
>
> David K. Faux.

This thread: