From: "Penny Ferguson" <>
Subject: [DNA] Ineligible Individuals Placed in my Shetland Project
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 19:54:32 -0500

From: David Faux <>

I just checked my Shetland Islands Project list of members and about 20
have been parachuted in there without any consultation with me - and all as
far as I can see are ineligible. This is very annoying since I must go
through a process that involves informing people why I am removing them. I
resent having to do this as my criteria are very clear. All must be
screened by me to ensure they have Shetland ancestors in the male line.
Ireland is not close enough. Has this been happening with others?

David K. Faux.
David and all, this happened in a restricted project I co admin. I went in
our project profile page and the box there that says " Allow order without
join request?" was checked. So I unchecked it. I'm not sure why all at
once it was checked.
Penny Ferguson

This thread: