From: David Faux <>
Subject: [DNA] Ineligible Individuals Placed in my Shetland ProjectWithoutMy Permission
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 17:22:31 -0800 (PST)

Charles wrote: You must have left the front door or skylight open for your project. If you close the skylight, i.e., disable the parachute in by anyone feature, using the option in your FTDNA group admin page, they will not be able to join your project without your permission. That is what I do with almost all my projects. Especially my very restrictive Pennsylvania Deutsch Project for which all members must be genealogically pre-screened by me.

Charles: Actually I had all safeguards up, and until today no one was placed without my permission. All of a sudden 20 names appear out of nowhere, many from NGS, which make an appearance and I can only think that there was a computer glitch. I have been super fussy about screening. I need to check and see if some switch was reset by other than myself. I was just wondering if others had noticed anything similar in the last few days because until then everything was fine.

David K. Faux.

This thread: