From: "David Wilson" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Ineligible Individuals Placed in my ShetlandProjectWithoutMy Permission
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 20:54:22 -0800

David, You have jogged my memory. A few days ago I had a single "new member"
automatically added to the R1b1c7 project without first seeing a join
request. The FTDNA system at least notified me that he had joined. As it
happened he was eligible for membership, so I did not worry about the
irregular process. I remember thinking that he may have contacted someone at
FTDNA about his haplogroup and that they put him into the project because
they knew I would accept him anyway.

Perhaps related to this is a message I got from Bennett Greenspan this
morning. Clearly a form letter with broadcast distribution, Bennett's
message asked me to clear some pending join requests in one of my projects
(unspecified, but necessarily R1b1c7) by either admitting or rejecting them.
(I had already contacted them all outside of FTDNA's messaging system and
have been waiting for feedback.)

I wonder if FTDNA is trying to refine the code that controls join actions
for regional and haplogroup projects.

David Wilson
R1b1c7/Wilson Projects