From: Bonnie Schrack <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Press release: deCODEme to offer test of a million SNPs
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:23:08 -0500

> Rats! Certain states are limiting consumer access to the genetic risk
> calculations from the genome scan. These are Arizona, California, Connecticut,
> Georgia, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Wyoming.

Ann! =-O As a Maryland resident you have me scared! Please give us a
link where we can read more about this! I can hardly believe that they
could do that, especially since this is an entirely new kind of test and
the announcement has just been made. I would certainly lobby my
representatives about it if it's true that they would try to restrict it
-- and I think the Genetic Alliance could be a valuable ally should this
become a real fight, as they are the ones who are already in the thick
of legislative and regulatory work to make sure medical genetic tests
are widely accessible to consumers, but not fraudulent.

Bonnie

This thread: