From: "R. Stevens" <>
Subject: [DNA] Help with mtDNA, please! Was: Re: SMGF
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 20:47:05 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "R. Stevens" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 8:22 PM
Subject: Re: [DNA] SMGF

> I'm in there for mtDNA now, too. I only match myself.
>
> I tested with FTDNA only for HVR1.
>
> How do I find out what my additional results (HVR2 and 3) with SMGF are?
>
> Rich

Okay, I think I found the rest, if I am reading SMGF correctly.

Here are my original FTDNA HVR1 results that also show up in SMGF now:

16223T
16256T
16270T
16294T
16526A

Here's a new HVR1 result that I didn't get from FTDNA:

16519T

But the "T" shows up as pale gray instead of the dark color of the rest. I
assume that is because it was not a value I entered for my search.

Here are some additional values SMGF says I have:

00073A
00263G
00315.1C
00309.1 (with no letter following it)

I don't know if I am reading this thing correctly. I did a two-off search. I
entered my HVR1 results and went with SMGF's default stuff for HVR2 (that
was 00263G and 00315.1C). I was two off myself at 00073A and 00309.1, since
I did not enter those values, knwoing only my HVR1 stuff for sure.

Can someone help me with this? I am really pretty much in the dark with
regard to mtDNA stuff.

Here is the search result: http://tinyurl.com/39bhxh

My grandmother was the Morris listed there, her mother the Lancaster.

Rich

This thread: