From: Bob McLaren <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Converting results, Ancestry to FTDNA
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:01:54 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Roberta,

I have a similar situation. However, we don't have the Ancestry.com results back yet. The person testing thought she was signing up her cousin for the 67-marker test, but she did it at Ancestry.com. She emailed me asking to join the Clan MacLaren Surname DNA Project. Since I didn't have her in my project already, and she wasn't in any other project at Family Tree DNA (as far as I can tell), I checked with her to see who she signed up with. She told me Ancestry.com for a 67-marker test. After we got all the confusion straightened out (she is getting the so-called 46-marker test), she also signed up with my project for a 67-marker test. So, I will have the conversion for all the Ancestry.com markers except for those that fall into Family Tree DNA's advanced marker tests. If there is any questions about these final markers (the ones in the advanced panels), I may go ahead and order them from Family Tree DNA

Yours aye,

Bob McLaren
Chairman, Genealogy Committee, Clan MacLaren Society of North America
Administrator, Clan MacLaren Surname DNA Project (Worldwide)
Administrator, Lindo Surname DNA Project (Worldwide)
Administartor, da Silva Surname DNA Project (Worldwide)
Member, Association of Professional Genealogists