From: "Annie & Wal" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Will FTDNA introduce a test for more than 67 markers?-Re:Novice ...
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:59:55 +1000

Hi,
I had 67 done before I knew that lists like this existed.
I have no match on 12, 25, 37 or 67.
I began genealogical research in 1998 using only the computer.
We only had one surname, my wife's father and plenty of anecdotes
from Cousins. Very little was available at the time. Now the information
base has exploded.
This year we (my wife and I) published a 350 page A4 size book on the
immediate family
and strong matrimonial lines.
We are now in contact, physically and in writing with direct descendants
and (removed) cousins.
I feel that DNA will be a similar approach and will take time and some
effort.
Unfortunately the cost factor is a disincentive, but like computers the
price will fall as demand increases.
Nobody should force someone to do extra testing so that they may be
self gratified.
Possibly in time as more and more are tested you will find a match. Then
it becomes your right
And decision to take it any further

DNA (Novice)

I will not have my husband's markers upgraded from 37 to 67 makers.
It would be a waste of time and money, in his case. He does not have
one match, even with 12 markers. He must have a strange mix for a
JONES. He only matches a close cousin who had his test done with
Sorenson.

Sue