From: "Peter J. Roberts" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Will FTDNA introduce a test for more than 67 markers?
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 11:49:19 -0800 (PST)

Hello Lawrence,

A problem with using YHRD is that there have not yet been any samples of haplotypes included from Scotland. See

http://www.yhrd.org/populations.png

Poland and Germany are well sampled for YHRD and I would suspect those samples would include some descendants of Scottish immigrants.

If someone is close to a modal at 25 markers (e.g. Scots R1b modal) I would would not expect them to still remain close to that modal at 67 or 80+ markers.

Sincerely, Peter

Peter J. Roberts

.....A second genetic issue is that my cousin's haplotype has a very unusual
feature: DYS392=11 (in the R1b1c haplogroup). This is highly distinctive;
yet YHRD finds his precise 9-marker haplotype in exactly three locations,
none of them Scottish:

Nowy Sacz, Poland: 2/114
Bialystok, Poland: 1/182
Berlin, Germany: 1/549