Subject: Re: [DNA] FGS
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 19:46:27 EST

In a message dated 12/5/2007 4:39:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> I am wondering why FTDNA had some FGS matches on personal pages and then
> they were removed. Could it be because some will not sign a release on their
> control region mutations or some other reason ? Anyone have an idea ?

Just a hunch, but I think it just appeared briefly during a beta testing
period, and they probably didn't expect anyone to spot it so quickly. They did not
have the User Preferences page updated with an option to display or not to
display FGS matches between individuals, and I think that should be explicit.
This is in a different section than checking the option to share your FGS with
project administrators, which was already in place.

Ann Turner

Check out AOL's list of
2007's hottest products.