From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] E3b1a2 V13+ SNP-tested modal posted to YSearch
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 20:39:58 -0600

> [mailto:] On Behalf Of
> Vincent Vizachero
> Are you suggesting that E3b1a2 haplotypes from England have a
> different modal haplotype than those from Poland and/or Slovakia?

Probably. Why should we necessarily expect the particular cluster that
traveled to the British Isles to have _exactly_ the same modal as another
cluster that traveled north into what became Slavic territory?

The only reason we have any doubt at all is the relative youth of E3b1a2.
If we were talking about R1b1c or even R1a1, we couldn't possibly expect the
British Isles modal to exactly equal the modal in Slavic countries.

This thread: