From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1b1c in Relation to the New Underhill and Kivisild Paper
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:55:41 -0700

David,

You seem to believe you "know" where the defining SNP(s) for R1b1c and R1a1
sit temporally in the appropriate lists. I see nothing which indicates they
came last, though I could be overlooking something.

With regard to your M269-R1b1c comment, they only tested those 27 SNPs on 3
or 4 samples. How could you extrapolate that to mean every single R1b1c
haplotype will have the all those 27 SNPs? You don't know where M269
occured temporally in that sequence of SNP occurences in the ancestral line.
Ken