From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Removal of Genetics Component of Wiki Article
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 06:36:34 -0500

I agree with Richard whole-heartedly. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia,
and it is simply not a place to included original research. And
when untested information gets into the articles, edit wars often
result (as Lawrence mentioned).

Google is introducing a service that is similar to, but different in
a crucial way: Knol. A "knol" is Google-speak for "unit of
knowledge" and would appear to be a potential remedy for folks like
David who are blog-less.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2007/12/encouraging-people-to-
contribute.html

Vince

On Dec 19, 2007, at 12:57 AM, RICHARD KENYON wrote:

> Am I the only one who feels that David's material is inappropriate
> in the Wiki? I mean no malice toward David nor am I passing
> judgment the quality of his work.

This thread: