From: <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Inbred lines of humans and the consequences
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 0:07:36 -0500

Works for me as long as one understands the difference between the two.

Endogamy - marrying within a cultural or close-knit social group
Consanguinity - marriage or partnership with a close relative; the blood-relationship (cognatio naturalis), or the natural bond between persons descended from the same stock. ie. 1st cousins, uncle and niece, 2nd and 3rd cousins, etc.

Ana

---- ljcrain2 <> wrote:

Yes, Ana, a perfect example of a better choice of words. Would just
consanguinity be sufficient?

Janet Crain