From: "Ron Scott" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Chances for Finding Clade-separating SNP
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 03:23:05 -0600

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 19:37:15 -0800, Tim writes:

> I didn't realize that you had been the one who had generated Watson's SNP list.
> Would you be willing to briefly outline the steps you took in generating that Excel file
> from Watson's DNA at ftp://jimwatsonsequence.cshl.edu/jimwatsonsequence? Did you
> generate it from the file at that web site called "Watson-454-snp-v01.txt.gz"?

Yes, download and unzip it (108,604 kb). The .txt file can be manipulated with Wordpad. The chr-Y extraction is only 85 kb, of which was imported to Excel. I, then, made a few structural changes, and saved to .xls (305 kb) and .html (658 kb) formats. The chr-X extraction converts to 7,013 kb in .xls format, a bit too large, I think, to upload to my website. I can email that to you, if you want. The other chromosome extractions I've not done yet.

Ron Scott

This thread: