From: "Tim Janzen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] SNP chasing using STSs
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 17:17:11 -0800

Dear Dick,
I am simply following the Watson/Ventor/HUGO R1b1c male SNP trail
where it is leading us. I agree that we should in general be avoiding
heterochromatin. I don't know exactly what is in the region from position
57392694 to 57440935, but Watson, Ventor, and the HUGO R1b1c male do seem to
have quite a few SNPs that they share in that region. This region doesn't
appear to be heterochromatin or it wouldn't have been sequenced for Watson,
Ventor, and the HUGO R1b1c male. Thomas Krahn's Y browser indicates that
there are some genes in this region such as "C-terminal binding protein 2
pseudogene".
Sincerely,
Tim