From: "Tim Janzen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] i1a project vastness.
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 16:21:58 -0800

Dear Ken and Ned,
I tried to download the data from the R1b project at
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/r1b earlier today and I couldn't get it
to download either. I think that there is something wrong with the FTDNA
web site that is preventing us from seeing the results of large projects. I
would prefer that FTDNA upload the results of large projects such as the R1b
project and the I1a project to the web site as Excel files that we can
readily download. This approach works very nicely on Ron Scott's web site
at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~ncscotts/ where he allows large
files to be readily downloaded as Excel files. FTDNA could continue to
display the results they way they currently do in addition to making them
available for download as Excel files. In the past I have found it
cumbersome and time consuming to download the data from large projects such
as the R1b project and to put the data into Excel files. Many of us use
Excel to help us analyze our data and having the data for large projects
readily accessible for use in Excel would be of significant benefit to the
genetic genealogy community in my opinion.
Sincerely,
Tim Janzen