From: charles <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] i1a project vastness.
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 23:26:05 -0500

Tim,

There was a discussion about that on this list many months ago when the big
haplogroup projects were getting started. At that time the consensus was just to
provide the data and the kit numbers in down-loadable Excel files. I think at
the time their were some concerns expressed by some on the list was about
privacy concerns, etc. I don't fully recall all the discussions and the pros and
cons of including that field in such files. One can search the archives of this
list. Also, it should be noted, that many records do not fill that out field.

If those in this forum wish to discuss it again, the pros and cons, and reach a
consensus, I am willing to listen and reconsider including that field, if
appropriate, in the next update of my Excel files.

Charles Kerchner
R1b and Subclades Project Admin