From: "Ron Scott" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Y-DNA (67 MARKERS) ~ORIGINS~
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 21:26:23 -0600

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:18:59 -0800, Stu writes:

> My paternal genealogy remains shrouded in mystery. Other than pure
> speculation, I do not have verifiable information (at this time) about
> my paternal history and therefore I am not YET able to participate
> with even the slightest degree of certainty in the surname projects.

Many of our genealogies remain shrouded in mystery, even with several times the expense of trying to unveil them. I don't come close to anyone in my surname project, and don't really expect to. The closest match that my lineage has on the Y-line (36/37) is with a gentlemen with a different surname, and, even though we've never met, I've paid for his 37-67 upgrade - only because I need to know in more detail. I believe our lineages are connected to within 300 years. So, don't feel lonely in your search.

I've added your Ysearch record to my R1b-R2 spreadsheet (http://tinyurl.com/yyzgaa - under Y-DNA). You have no close genetic matches there, but it's been awhile since I've really updated the file. Even so, it remains the largest, I think, R1b-R2 extended haplotype spreadsheet on the web.

Good luck in your quest,
Ron Scott

This thread: