From: Didier VERNADE <>
Subject: [DNA] Panel 5 FTDNA markers
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 02:59:58 +0100 (CET)

List,
There is still no room for Panel 5 markers for FTDNA on ysearch database and ymatch isn't very successfull it seems. It's a pity because I think that some of these markers are excellent separators and deserve much more attention. If more people were testing for these markers (in place of many of the "67" set) I think that new clusters would emerge. My preferate ones are DYS397 , DYF408, DYS725 and DYF371x. I disagree with what seems to be FTDNA "strategy" : keeping these for those who already tested for the whole set of 67 markers.

Didier vernade

This thread: