From: "Didier Vernade" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] The Story of I1b1 (P37.2+)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 14:13:04 +0100

Although purely hypothetical I like to think that during LGM the different
groups had different refugiums : R1a in the east and R1b in Spain for
example. With 4 clades there may not be enough refugiums for everyone. I
would believe that the Sardinian clade was in Sardinia and Dinaric clade in
the Balkans but what about the 2 others ? It's strange that these 2 don't
have any southern population from where they came. One could argue that the
same is true for I1a ... Any idea ?

> Western <-> Dinaric = 1152 generations
> Western <-> Isles = 880 generations
> Western <-> Sardinian = 816 generations