Subject: [DNA] The Teaching Company: The Great Courses
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 00:51:02 EST

For people who want a basic class in genetics,
I would recommend The Teaching Company's
"Understanding Genetics: DNA, Genes and Their
Real-World Applications". Professor Sadava won't
teach you everything you want to know about genetic
genealogy, but the lecture topics cover just
about everything else including the basics of
inheritance, DNA structure, gene expression, the
Human Genome Project, gene isolation, PCR,
forensics, gene therapy, biotechnology, DNA
sequencing methods, stem cell research and of
course, the role of genetic adaptation in evolution
which is vital to our understanding of how mutations
cause change over time.

_www.TEACH12.com_ (http://www.TEACH12.com)
These courses always seem to be entertaining and
should be of interest to genealogists.

Kathy J.

Awards. Go to AOL Music.