From: Nelda Percival <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA accidentally detects my baby's y-chromosome in myFGS test!
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:41:52 -0600

Hi Brooke,
Interesting. I know that a negative Rh factor female carrying a positive Rh factor child. Can have leakage between the vessels of the uterine wall and the placenta, but I didn't know it was enough to be found in her silvia. Very interesting. I wonder if there is leakage in every pregnancy. I know that the immune system of the mother can cause the death of the child she carries...in the case of Rh negative mom and positive child... There is treatment for it now, but being in my 60's there wasn't treatment for it in the early 60's...

The wonders of medicine! and DNA testing!
Very interesting.. THank youNelda Percival IBSSG Volunteer Administrator "Gilpin & Bonstein DNA Project websites - http://freepages.folklore.rootsweb.com/~bonsteinandgilpin/~~ LCG&DNARG: http://www.rootsweb.com/~molcgdrg/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Genealogy & DNA are like husband & wife: They work so much better when paired up properly..." Peter >> Asparagirl wrote:> > I just received a very funny phone call from Eileen Krause, the> > quality assurance manager at FamilyTreeDNA.com -- and that's "funny"> > as in both "funny ha-ha" *and* "funny weird".> >> >> > I just found the whole thing amusing, and thought you all might too. :-)> >> >> > - Brooke Schreier Ganz> > Los Angeles, California (currently on vacation in Boca Raton, Florida)

This thread: