Subject: Re: [DNA] Comparison of deCODEme results for theY-chromosomeofR1b1c7and R1b...
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:15:30 EST

In a message dated 2/25/2008 11:11:35 AM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> Probably a trivial question to answer, but it confuses me a bit --- given
> these are Y SNPs and presumably singletons in our donors, why are the
> nucleotide states doubled?

It's probaby just a matter of convenience, avoiding special programming for
the Y (and mtDNA) markers in a panel based primarily on autosomal markers.
There was one marker that showed up as "heterozygous", though, and I have a
question in to tech support to see what's known about it. It could be an XY marker,
or a palindromic marker, or a genotyping error, or...

Ann Turner

Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL
Living.

(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

This thread: