From: "Mark D. Johnson" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] SMGF Results? or Not?
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 21:36:06 -0500

Hi -

I think GeneTree just adds a few services that SMGF, as a research
project, does not offer. The principal one being the ability to contact
matches, which you cannot do via SMGF. But you do not need to pay for
GeneTree to get your SMGF results, although it is a little more
difficult to find them on the SMGF web site. Personally, I have decided
to wait for a while before paying GeneTree, but I have most of my
results from SMGF already (minus a handful of Y markers).

Mark Johnson
Ysearch/Mitosearch 3VP37

rwalker wrote:
> So it looks like my results aren't posted yet. But what I want to know is, when they are ready, will I be able to find them searching the SMGF database, or will I only be able to get them through GeneTree?
>
> Thanks,
> R. Walker

This thread: