From: "David Faux" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] S21/S28 Split+m223 stuff
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 15:00:54 -0700

I must point out that total R1b1c sample size was N=6 and of these who knows
how many were relatives or from the same remote area - we know nothing of
the sample except "Austria". It is dangerous to make large generalizations
on very low sample sizes - unless it is of course a hypothesis which can be
tested. It seems however that few Austrians have tested with FTDNA so we
really need to wait to learn whether it is a true "hotspot" such as
Switzerland is with S28. Vince and I disagree on this point.

David K. Faux.