From: Alan R <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] S21/S28 Split+m223 stuff
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 12:29:52 +0000 (GMT)

Michael Walsh said: 'This may be true, but I still think most of us are
overlooking at least half the story. We keep looking for reproductive or
sexual selection and elitist advantages. What about pure biological
fertility, disease resistance and climate tolerance. I know they are
unexciting issues, but I suspect they are crucially important. I don't
know, but other that lactase persistance I don't here much about these kinds
of genetic advantages is our discussions'

my reply

Most of these traits are probably autosomal, certainly Lactase Persistence is. So, they shouldn't cause within-population y-DNA selection.

Alan

This thread: