From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Jewish E1b1b
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 15:11:09 -0600

From: "ellen Levy" <>

> Ken:
>
> I don't think this is what Anatole is suggesting, but I'll have to work my
> way backwards through these posts.
>
> Yes, it is population study stuff, not family genealogy stuff (both of
> which are acceptable and often discussed topics on this list), but what is
> your point?
>
> Ellen Coffman

What in blases are you talking about? My comments were about someone else's
remarks about SNPs, STRs and clades, not Anatole's.

My point was concerning someone's "foolproof" remark. For population
studies you don't need "foolproof" clade identification for each
haplotype --- just sufficiently reliable identification. While in family
genealogy most people want something closer to "foolproof" because they are
interested in the status of an individual, not a population.

Ken

This thread: