From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Help with Privacy Issues/Concerns
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:42:18 -0400

I would only allow someone to be "anonymous" to the public, never to me. And I
agree that a pedigree is crucial.

When the subject dies, ownership of the sample reverts to the subject's heirs.
I don't know if a "permission" signed by the subject would survive their demise,
but I can't imagine having the hutspah to ask a member for one, especially if
they're elderly. Once the member is deceased, I think you would need to get
permission from the heir to test further. Of course, I'm not an attorney...

Diana

This thread: