From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Age of R1b
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 14:56:36 -0600

Prolificity! and lack thereof or extinctions of other lines.

Why is I1 probably the most populous subhaplogroup of I in spite of being
about the last to "start" and furthest geographically from the origins of I?
Same answer

I better be careful; someone might take a census and show that I2a1-Dinaric
(M423+) is as populous as I1. But it "started" even more recently.