From: (John Chandler)
Subject: Re: [DNA] 9RA autosomal Native American marker
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 16:01:31 -0400 (EDT)

Ray wrote:
> If none of these 100 individuals test positive for the R9A marker,
> would that be a stunning condemnation of the BGA test?

No. It would suggest that the allele frequencies were somewhat off
*somewhere* in the system, but that could just as easily be in the
D9S919 frequencies as in the DNAprint marker panel frequencies, as far
as I know. Moreover, it could simply point to previously unsuspected
population structure among Amerindians.

> Is there any
> number which would constitute a stunning confirmation of the BGA
> test?

No.

> I wonder if DNAPrint really has this marker in their panel,

No, the DNAprint panel is all binary markers (SNPs), while D9S919 is a
microsatellite.

John Chandler

This thread: