From: Beth Long <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS464a-d becomes a-f
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:51:23 -0700 (PDT)

I was told by FTDNA that the test for DYS464 is more sensitive than it used to be (or said another way, it's more likely to detect the e-f than the prevous version was). Since it was my second guy who was a-f, they went back and retested the first (a-d) guy to see if e and f would show up, They did not...

I have lots of other male descendants of this family, and if money were no object, I would test a bunch of them to see where this mutation occurred. The two I have now have a MRCA between about 1550 (adoption of surnames) and 1775.

Beth Long