From: Didier VERNADE <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Variability of DYS 570
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 02:51:31 +0200 (CEST)

You may not like this answer but mutations can always happen ; the fact that a marker mutated in one way doesn't prevent another mutation the next generation in any direction (up or down). The best way to know should be to compare other markers. If 67 markers are not enough it's now possible to get more ; you can try DYF399 or markers of panel 9, until you find some other polymorphism.

Didier