From: Larry Vick <>
Subject: [DNA] Converting 23andMe mtDNA SNPs to rCRS Differences
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 08:47:43 -0700 (PDT)

I noticed the posting below on the 23andMe Maternal Line Haplogroup H community.  It looks like it provides some insight into how 23andMe is going to partner with Ancestry at least for mtDNA.  I see that 23andMe customers aren't sure how to compare their mtDNA results to the results they find on Ancestry, mitosearch, etc.  I guess Ancestry will provide the solution.

Regards,

Larry

At the present moment, we at 23andMe don't have a way to compare your specific mitochondrial DNA profile to that of the Cambridge Reference Sequence (CRS). However, we realize that some customers are interested in knowing the exact nucleotide differences between them and their friends/family, as well as how they differ from the CRS. We are constantly working to improve our product, so stay tuned for exciting new features from our Ancestry Team and thanks for your input!

This thread: