From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] My 23andme.com results summary.
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:35:00 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Al Aburto" <>

It appears to me we are losing information by changing
> the heterozygous alleles to no-calls? I don't really know, I'm just
> asking ...
> Al

We're probably losing information about something. Whether it is the true
state of the person's snps or of the chip reading technology is not clear.
There is too much systematics in the nocalls for it to be meaningless noise.
What advantage there is to making them nocalls is beyond me? Perhaps the
company thinks it saves pestering email questions to them about what the
apparent heterozygous calls mean?

This thread: