From: Alan R <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Iberian and French L21?
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 18:30:50 +0000 (GMT)

I think plenty of French S116 will be L21+.  In fact I think that 1 out of 3 so far and 2 out of 4 if you count another with apparent North French roots I was emailed privately about.  Iberia now has a good many tested and all L21-.  That's a pretty clear trend.  That said, there has simply been too much historic migration period mobility between the areas where at least some L21 is known (British Isles, France, Germany etc) for NO L21 to be in Iberia.  But I think its clear these will be later additions to the L21- bedrock. I am most interested in L21 in France, Germany and the countries between them where no clear pattern has yet been established for the S116.

Alan

This thread: