Subject: Re: [DNA] Oldest nuclear family murdered (mtDNA types)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:56:27 EST

> Can you do some stock market predicting for me?
> Seriously, that's my U5b HVR1 sequence <snip>
---

:-) I wish!

Seriously, the predictions are simple and based on what is
published on the Internet. But it does involve making CR
assumptions that may not always be correct.

I should have cited the following for that new tree:
van Oven M, Kayser M. 2008. Updated comprehensive
phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA
variation. Hum Mutat 29:E386-E394. _http://www.phylotree.org_
(http://www.phylotree.org) ,
mtDNA tree Build 2 (14 Oct 2008).
doi:10.1002/humu.20921.
FTDNA FGS reports that are published by individuals are now
being used there as well.

Most of us look at Mitosearch, GenBank by searching Ian Logan's
_www.ianlogan.co.uk/scripts/analyser.user.js_
(http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/scripts/analyser.user.js) , GenPat
mtDB and the various mtDNA projects when making
advanced subclade predictions.

I would say Phylotree and Mitosearch give the
quickest information but neither is completely
up to date.

Kathy J.

**************Check out smokin’ hot deals on laptops, desktops and more from
Dell. Shop Deals