From: Alan R <>
Subject: [DNA] DNA] TMRCA for R1b1
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 00:09:29 +0000 (GMT)

Presumably It also seems to be the case that ancestral forms like this are very rare in the west.  So, this suggests R1b1 or its immediate predecessors were located in an eastern refugia at the time of the post-LGM improvements.  The dates arrived at (11-13,000BC) post-dates the last pre-Neolithic movement into the main body of west/west-central Europe (The Badegoullian of 18,000BC).  This again strongly suggests that R1b1's downstream descendants couldn't have arrived in the west and west-central part of Europe until the Neolithic. Looks more and more with every passing month that us M269 and below folk need to be looking to the area somewhere around the Black Sea (not sure if it was north, south, east or west) as the place where our y-ancestors spent the worst of the Ice Age and forget all about Altimira, Lascuax etc.  I wonder if the younger dryas drove them south into the fringes of the area where agriculture developed as a response to
this decline and they were then swept along westwards with the spread of farming.

Alan

This thread: