From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] TRMCA for R1b1
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 16:08:06 -0500

It would be a metaphorical "mad dash" in that any such movement (or
gene flow) would have had to commence almost immediately at the end of
the LGM and move with lightning speed across Europe in order to render
"eastern" R1b1b2 so similar from "western" R1b1b2. And we already
have good reasons to suspect that the direction of that dash (west to
east) is backwards. The archaeological record provides little
evidence of such a movement, for one thing, and we know from
phylogenetic analysis and from variance analysis that the forms of
R1b1b2 found in the east are older than the forms found in the west.

VV

On Dec 2, 2008, at 3:36 PM, Elizabeth O'Donoghue wrote:

> Would it have to have been a 'mad dash' to travel east?

This thread: