From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Subject: Scandinavian L21+
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 17:31:12 -0600

Indeed, I must emphasize that continual attempts to "pre-explain" any
"unexpected" data have a strong negative effect on the reporting of test
results and even the ordering of the tests themselves.

Why should participants bother reporting their test results, when someone
already has a rickety "pre-explanation" for all data that disagrees with his
hypothesis? In fact, why should participants even bother ordering the
tests, when their results will be treated so lightly by commentators?

> [mailto:] On Behalf Of Alan R
> I also have to observe again that the constant citing of
> historic period movements from Britain to explain away every
> new continental L21 is very unconvincing given that a
> majority of German and half of French S116 are L21.  There is
> simply no probability that a small sample like that would
> bring out so many descendants of small groups of historic
> period British immigrants to the continent.

This thread: